If the parking lot safety of your facility isn’t on your radar yet, it should be moved to the top of your list to prevent accidents and to protect both pedestrians and occupants of vehicles that visit your facility.
Depending on how much foot traffic and vehicle traffic that your facility has, certain measures should be taken to protect the security, safety and property of your tenants, their visitors and yourself. The formula is simple, the more visitors, the more traffic, the higher the risk of injury.
If you don’t already have a set parking lot safety policy, each facility should develop a set of guidelines or rules and regulations to prevent crime and accidents on their property. Some facilities take care of this process by posting safety signs throughout their parking area, using asphalt pavement markings, and parking lot line striping.
If crosswalks are not properly marked or safety signs, like “No Parking” and “Fire Lane” indicators, it can be a recipe for disaster.
Taking safety measures into account helps reduce the risk of personal or property injury at your commercial facility. Everyday pedestrians, cyclists, and motorists navigate through your parking lot. Having proper pavement markings and safety signage to direct traffic, impose speed and parking regulations, and mark areas for pedestrian crossing is a must.
Parking Lot Safety Help
Contact your facilities maintenance company for a free, no obligation parking lot assessment. A representative from the company can come out to review the current conditions of your parking area. He or she can determine if your asphalt is in good repair, if your parking lot layout meets ADA requirements, and if there are any obvious safety concerns with traffic patterns or obstacles.
In general, there are some standard parking lot safety tips everyone should take into consideration:
• Never leave personal belongings unattended
• Keep your valuables out of sight and reach.
• In order for people not to know where your valuables are, secure them before coming into a parking area or parking garage
• Report any suspicious activity to the security or building manager.
• Lock your car and keep your keys in a safe place.
• Report lost or stolen properties immediately. The faster you report, the better the chances to recover them.
• Stay alert and tuned into your surroundings. Be aware who is around and prepared to react accordingly.
• If you are a victim of a crime, please report it immediately to the security office and/or the police.
• Drive slowly and follow the rules and directions of the parking signs and any traffic personnel.
About ABC Paving and Sealcoating
With more than 20 years of experience, ABC Paving and Sealcoating is Florida's leading paving contractor. ABC Paving and Sealcoating provides commercial organizations with the highest level of customer service, professional workmanship and services including: asphalt paving, asphalt repairs and prevention, pothole repairs, sealcoating, line striping and marking, thermoplastic, crack filing, signs and safety devices, concrete sidewalks, concrete curbs, site preparation and signs and safety devices. We use our experience and the latest equipment available to get the job done right the first time in a timely, cost effective manner. For more information about ABC Paving and Sealcoating, visit our website at http://pavingandsealcoating.com or call 866-934-7623 for a free estimate